West Country folk have opinions too.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Flashed

Had a scary moment at the weekend, my mate Nick and I were lead climbing in Dartmoor when we had a bad experience. On the advice of another climber we ended up forced to tip toe around a tiny ledge without any protection (as in ropes etc. not contraceptive methods), with a large drop on one side and nothing to hold on to on any side.

Very briefly, life flashed before my eyes. However, it wasn't my life that flashed but rather Jo's, and what her life would be like if I fell. I didn't fall, but I have resolved never to trust the word of another climber again.

Here are some pics of Nick starting out:

1 Comments:

Blogger lucy ar said...

Awesome, freaking scary. it made my tummy turn over.
Hania and Kyle have been climbing in thailand this week.
glad you art back.

7:48 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home