West Country folk have opinions too.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Pain

I'm in a lot of it (pain that is).

If you hadn't realised, Lucy and her Husband Tim (my sister and brother in Law) are over from New Zealand. Now Tim being a proud New Zealander plays rugby regularly on the dark side of the planet, and decided that he wouldn't let the more proficient (and bigger) English players put him off playing now that he's in the uk. I too am a fan of the game so Tim in invited me to play along side him for Old Alleynians. I Haven't played in a few few years (8 to be precise) so it was with fear and trepidation that I donned my new rugby shorts, bit into my gum sheild and walked onto the pitch (I did also have on a shirt, socks and boots) I then left the pitch to have one final nerve induced pee, then back onto the pitch.

What a game was had by all, well all on our team. After one mistake by me (which resulted in them getting a try) I had a good game. We ended up winning 46 : 17. So my mistake was more of a consalation for them than anything else.

Trouble is when the game was over I started to feel everyone of my 28 years, the next day I felt about 40, today I think I may be at death's door. Still I'm playing again on Saturday, so it can't be that bad.




Admittedly this is a better shot of Tim than me. But still what a shot (we're the ones in blue).










We leave the pitch, our work is done.

3 Comments:

Blogger yojot said...

It was a wonderful day to be sure. I was very proud of my man and Hudson was so overwhelmed with excitement he threw up everywhere and fell asleep.

5:47 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pueri Alleynienses, quotquot annos quotquot menses
Fertur principum memoria,
Vivit Fundatoris nomen, unicae virtutis omen
Detur soli Deo Gloria.

or in English

Boys of Alleyn, may our forefathers' memory
Endure through as many years and as many months as there may be,
The Founder's name lives on, a promise of unparalleled virtue to come,
Glory be given to God alone.

May the School song ring true in your heart as you don the OA jersey.

Note to Jo - Did you ever think you'd be cheering on a Dulwich Team!!!

1:31 pm

 
Blogger yojot said...

I only cheered on Steve and Tim so it doesn't count as cheering on Dulwich College.
I remain an un-comprimised Alleyn's Old Boy (though clearly a girl).

9:03 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home