West Country folk have opinions too.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Feeling loyal

For anyone that has anything to do with the Salvation Army, you'll probably know that there is a whole heap of stuff going on in some peoples lives. Namely a guy called Chick Yuill, who I hardly know, has sacrificed his position within the army also his financial security to stand up for something that he believes in, to voice some issues that have been covered for too long. From what I know of the situation he is right to do what he's doing, but that's not really what this post is about.

I have found myself in a weird situation, on the face of it I have no real ties to the Salvation Army, though a large part of my family are heavily involved it doesn't necessarily tie me by association. But I do feel strangely tied, strangely loyal to the Salvation Army. Definitely not tied and loyal to the things that have resulted in Chick's resignation, but rather to the ideals and ethos that the Salvation Army was built upon, and in some cases has left behind. I want to be part of a change in the Salvation Army, that doesn't allow an organisation that was built upon Grace, Justice and Love to treat its Godly workers in such an appalling manner. I know it probably sounds really naive to think that a relative outsider could do anything to change such a huge organisation, and to be honest that's what I think too. But it doesn't stop me wanting to do it, or believing that I will in some small way play my part.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you big Fella!

9:57 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home