West Country folk have opinions too.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Big Kid?

I think I've had the best birthday present ever, even better than the coffee machine - shock gasp. Jo got me a mountain board, and it is truly awesome. To ride it is something between Snowboarding and Longboarding, maybe more like Snowboarding though. It is however, way more scary than both of the other board experiences, I've got a nice graze to prove it (of which I am strangely proud).

Now yesterday as I was stood at the top of a big hill preparing to descend, all I could think about, apart from if I might get a more impressive injury, was am I a big kid, or do I just think I'm being a big kid because I'm enjoying myself? On many levels board sports are no different from any other sports i.e. football, and at least I am being true to what I enjoy. Rather than, I suspect, of the many billions of so called football lovers, a fair percentage only claim to enjoy it in order to fit in.

Who knows? All I do know is, that though I've hurt myself I still want to have another go.

1 Comments:

Blogger lucy ar said...

oh. i am jealous. i want a turn so much.

10:10 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home